Hey guys! Can you believe that the first quarter is almost over! The school year is going by super quickly, but at the end of every quarter we are required to turn in a project. Now, would be the time I tie this whole project talk in with this week’s blog topic. So, this week I am going to talk about something I thought was going to be easy but wasn’t when I tried it, and for me that would be radios.
The first reason why I thought doing radios were going to be easy was because I didn’t know you had to call schools to gather information. I just thought you had to look on school websites, but they don’t always update their websites. So, we called each school on the island and sometimes they will talk really fast so you will have to ask them multiple times to repeat themselves. You might not always get specific information so you may have to ask follow up questions. Calling schools was one thing that Mr.M I guess thought we needed help with and he was right as we practiced in Koke’e we all saw each other’s mistakes. We learned that sometimes the people aren’t going to be having the greatest day and may be grumpy. Sometimes we even forgot to remember the school’s name.
The next reason why I thought doing radios were going to be easy, but they didn’t turn out to be that easy after all was because I had no idea you had to make 3 different radios. I didn’t know you had to make a different script for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Plus, you have to time it so it’s 2 minutes long and the only exceptions are if it’s 10 seconds longer or shorter. If it is too long or too short you may have to add or remove some things. Friday’s script usually isn’t that long because most of the announcements happened earlier in the week. The announcements also have to be in chronological order. But, if I had to pick the hardest thing to do overall in the script making process it would be starting it off. You don’t want to start it off cheesy or too long because you still have to announce all of the announcements.
The last reason why radios aren’t as easy as I thought they would be is because while trying to edit radios I would press the wrong button to pause it and then it wouldn’t let me delete anything. At the time, I had no idea I was pressing the wrong button. So, then I asked my dad for help and then it worked for him and then after it stopped working. Eventually we found out I was pressing the wrong button and then it all worked out fine.
In the end it all worked out fine and I have to be thinking of some ideas to start off the script already. Plus, now I know what to do and what not to do when editing, and calling schools. Well, this has been my blog about what was something I thought was going to be easy, but turned out being hard. Thanks for reading!